Pain Doctor in New York – Discover the Most Recognized and Reliable Vein Pain Doctor NYC Area
Did you know that your veins can hurt so badly? Yes, that can happen if you ever develop varicose veins. These are enlarged veins that look swollen and twisted. Additionally, these veins might have a dark purple or blue color. If you develop varicose veins, the right action to take is to see a pain doctor in New York. This specialist will examine your veins and determine if you have a venous disease.
The condition might be hard to diagnose, especially, if your varicose veins are not superficial. In fact, most people live with deeply buried varicose veins without knowing. They feel pain and discomfort, yes, but they assume it’s because of sitting, standing or walking for too long. Any leg discomfort that persists should be examined by the best pain doctor NYC can offer. There are five points about varicose veins you should note:
- You may have bulging veins without pain at all
- Superficial varicose veins can burst and start leaking due to physical injury.
- Besides medical treatment, there are ways to alleviate your pain and symptoms.
- Varicose veins are a sign of a progressive condition called venous disease, vein insufficiency or venous reflux.
- Now there are less invasive treatment methods your pain doctor in New York can use to cure you.
Discovering your varicose veins problem
As a busy adult person, you might overlook your leg pain thinking that it’s just fatigue. Unfortunately, your legs could hurt because of varicose veins that are not visible yet. Even if you don’t see any symptom, see your pain doctor NYC expert as soon as possible. Varicose veins don’t always show symptoms and if they occur, the weather will usually be hot. All in all, here are the symptoms to expect:
- A burning or throbbing sensation
- Painful, uncomfortable legs
- A heaviness sensation in your legs
- Swollen ankles and feet accompanied by fatigue
- Skin discoloration
- Muscle cramps when sleeping
- Itchiness in the affected areas of your legs
It is normal to experience the abovementioned signs of varicose veins after a long day at work or after spending hours standing on your feet. Make sure you call the most trusted pain doctor NYC expert, if you have a few of the aforesaid symptoms.
What about the pain?
One of the prevalent causes of leg pain is varicose veins. It is a deep ache that makes your feet feel heavier than usual. Another thing to note is that pain is sometimes worsened by the summer heat. If varicose veins get inflamed, they can develop blood clots (phlebitis). In such a case, a patient is likely to experience pain and hardness, discoloration and heat.
Sometimes an ulcer will form after a vein bursts. A burst vein can cause pressure and toxins buildup and it may hurt a lot. If you feel pain, your varicose veins are no longer just a cosmetic concern. They will need to be treated to end your pain. A pain doctor in New York can treat your veins before they burst and cause painful venous ulcers.
What in the world causes varicose veins?
If you have varicose veins and are wondering where they came from, here are the reasons. The condition develops when your veins valves become faulty and stop opening and closing normally. Instead of allowing the blood to flow from your legs toward the heart, they cause blood to leak backwards. This causes it to pool in your vein, causing it to appear big, swollen and twisted.
If you observe this and take no action at all, the skin around the affected area might darken and develop an itchy rash. Pain and cramping can be noted after long periods of standing up or sitting down. Don’t wait until your legs feel so bulky, swollen and painful, therefore. Go and visit the top pain doctor NYC area now.
How diagnosis is carried out
Your pain doctor in New York will conduct a medical exam using ultrasound imaging technology. As well, he or she will ask you questions about your symptoms in order to diagnose your vein problem perfectly. It is not always the case that your symptoms are due to varicose veins. There are other vein issues that trigger similar symptoms.
If a vein gets blocked by a blood clot, injury or tumor, a varicose vein could form. Furthermore, your feet and ankles could be swollen because of a heart failure or a heart problem. Lastly, you might have diabetes that might have become too chronic to be controlled and that could be the reason why you have ulcers in legs. These are the things your pain doctor NYC will seek to know when you meet him or her for the first time.
Are there complications?
Varicose veins should be examined and treated by the top pain doctor in New York. Before then, however, you can live with these veins for a long time without feeling any pain. If your signs worsen to an extent that they affect your every day life, then you need to go to your pain doctor NYC clinic. Otherwise, leaving your varicose veins untreated is so bad that it can lead to serious complications:
- Venous ulcers -First, you can develop skin ulcers as more blood pools in your varicose veins. These are called venous ulcers and they are hard to heal, open wounds that can easily get infected. Having wounds can make you more embarrassed about your legs.
- Blood loss – Another complication is injury and loss of blood through the thin skin over your varicose veins.
- Superficial thrombophlebitis – This is yet another problem that can arise if damaged veins are ignored. It is a condition where a blood clot forms in a vein beneath the skin and causes it to look swollen, red, warm and painful. If you have these signs, call the leading pain doctor in New York now.
- Lymphedema is the term used to describe the damage caused to the lymphatic system by varicose veins. As you might know, your lymphatic system is responsible for transporting and getting rid of your toxins and body waste. When it functions well, your immune system also does. When you have untreated varicose veins, they can alter your lymphatic system in a bad way, causing a condition called lymphedema. It causes your toes and feet to swell, and you might also develop an inflammatory skin infection called cellulitis. Have yourself examined by your pain doctor NYC before you develop this condition.
- Statis dermatitis – It causes your skin to become fibrous and brownish. A plain-yellow fluid might ooze via your skin.
- Dermatitis – This is a skin problem that leads to an itchy, irritated rash. If the rash appears on your ankles or lower leg area, chances are that it is caused by varicose veins. If you scratch your itchy skin, you might develop skin lesions and ulcers that can bleed and hurt. If they become infected, they can become real wounds that are hard to heal. The right thing is to see your pain doctor in New York.
- DVT – Lastly, untreated varicose veins can cause DVT—deep vein thrombosis. This is a clot that affects a deep vein and when it does, a pulling sensation is felt in your calf. This feeling can be accompanied by pain, swelling and warmth. Sometimes this blood clot strikes without a single symptom. The problem with having a blood clot like this one is that it can find its way to your lungs and cause a deadly crisis.
Knowing when to see your Pain doctor in New York
The first thing to consider is your varicose veins. Are they visible already? If so, that’s a reason enough to visit the right pain doctor NYC specialist. Otherwise, you will know it’s time to visit your doctor if you experience any of the symptoms we aforementioned.
It is common to ignore symptoms that go away on their own, but this is more like giving your varicose veins more time to develop and worsen. Taking actions in advance is encouraged, as you can avoid serious complications.
After visiting your pain doctor in New York, he or she will diagnose your condition and recommend the right form of treatment. Unlike the older days when people who had varicose veins were treated via vein stripping, now you have more advanced cures that don’t have horrible side effects. The most prevalent ones include the following:
- Sclerotherapy – A pain doctor NYC doctor performs this treatment procedure by giving you an injection. It consists of a particular solution that causes the varicose vein to form a scar and seal completely. After the sealing process, the blood re-directs to the healthier leg veins. You might have to do several sessions to get good results. If you hate doctors’ needles, sclerotherapy is not right for you.
- Surgery – Some varicose veins can only be removed surgically to get rid of pain and discomfort. In such a case, your pain doctor in New York doctor might do vein stripping or vein ligation. Stripping entails a surgical process that leads to the removal of a long vein via a tiny incision in your skin. Once the vein is removed, your blood will flow through the deep veins in your leg. On the other hand, ligation is when a vein is tied to stop the blood from pooling in it.
- Ablation – This treatment method makes use of heat to close a vein. This heat is either produced by a laser or radiofrequency. A short process that takes only 20 minutes of your time, ablation is done under a local anesthetic to reduce pain. The procedure is nothing to fear because you will be numbed by your pain doctor NYC. Once ablation is over, the area will be wrapped in a compression bandage to keep it safe from an infection and to promote healing.
- Ambulatory Phlebectomy – A sequence of small punctures will be made in your skin first. Then the affected varicose veins will be pulled out via these perforations. Your pain doctor in New York can tell you more about this procedure.
Preventing varicose veins
There is no dependable proof that varicose veins can be avoided completely. People who are pregnant, obese or genetically wired to have varicose veins will most likely have them. That’s the reason why seeing your pain doctor NYC expert is recommended. And as you prepare to visit the physician, make simple lifestyle changes that could help alleviate the pain and discomfort felt. These might include the following:
- Don’t stand or sit for several hours. Even if you are a nurse, try to avoid working in a standing position all through the day. Find time to take a break, take a stroll or take a sit. Moving around your work station every thirty minutes can help a lot.
- If you have swollen legs, raise them above the level of your heart while you sit or sleep.
- Find just the right exercises for people with varicose veins and do them to improve blood circulation.
- Lose excess weight if you are obese or almost there
- Wear lose fitting clothes and flat shoes if you work for long hours.
- Get compression stockings. Having varicose veins doesn’t mean that you need a serious treatment. If there is pain, get treatment right away from the right pain doctor in New York. Otherwise minimal to mild symptoms can be alleviated with compression stockings that compress your leg tissue around the diseased veins to keep your blood from pooling. Even if you don’t buy these, your pain doctor NYC might recommend them to you. If you raise your legs while wearing these, pain might go away in just six months.
Picking the right pain doctor NYC
If you want to heal your varicose veins completely, call Dr. Michael Nguyen today. He finished his residency and advanced fellowship education at Harvard Medical School. During this time as a student, Dr. Nguyen received the “Teacher of the Year” and “Mentor of the Year” awards. A board (the American Board of Venous Lymphatic Medicine) certified doctor; Dr. Michael Nguyen is among the less than one percent practicing Venous Medicine doctors.
Besides being so educated, Dr. Michael is also among the few doctors in his field that have discovered several vein cures. He has a clinic that is now recognized as the Center of Excellence. The place hosts worldwide doctors from time to time, who come to witness how modern treatment methods are done. This is why Dr. Nguyen is the pain doctor in New York that most patients want to work with.